Quantcast

You DON'T want all 5-star Google reviews

• 2 months later...

hhhhmmmm ... I'm not so sure.  We have (only) 32 reviews (on Yelp) and all 5's except one.  I've heard nothing negative, but naturally I don't know about people who are turned off by that. 

If we create a great experience with a new customer, I say: "Hey, if you had a great experience, please leave a Yelp review."

I've learned that if that customer doesn't have a Yelp account, that brand new review doesn't make it to the front, it ends up behind the scenes (I forget the category name).

I know a guy who ASKS for 5 star reviews. He has 41 reviews, all 5-Star on Google. It works for him. He does have a lot of video reviews as well. Viewers feel as if they know him.

• Like 1

I'm not suffering from that TERRIBLE 100% 5 Star rating, so I can't tell you how bad it is on that side of the fence.

About 95% of my 1 star reviews are from people who have never spent money here.   I've earned (vs the many unearned ones) 2 of them, and one recently.  Autistic kid offers to buy a lady's car because she could not afford the repairs in order to help the lady get a new car.  He has no money himself.    P.S.  Her car broke down later that day.

I don't bow to my haters.   I address them head on and write my review responses to my new readers looking for a shop.   One person recently told me he came because I didn't apologize to the undeserving.

We solicit reviews with an after-service survey and a link to provide reviews as well as in-person request if we think that they were happy.   Both methods work.  

BTW, It takes 26 5-Star reviews to cancel a 1 Star review.    (26 * 5 + 1 = 131    131 / 26 = 5.03)   As you get more and more reviews, it's harder to move the needle much.

On 8/26/2022 at 2:26 PM, newport5 said:

I've learned that if that customer doesn't have a Yelp account, that brand new review doesn't make it to the front, it ends up behind the scenes (I forget the category name).

I have a 3 pager buried in Yelp Not Recommended section.    It was from a customer that I fired because he wanted to argue pricing.   Last time, I explained how it worked.   Next visit, he paid my diag fee, which I explained during drop off, but to his wife.  He was unhappy and tried to convince me that I was wrong.  He was also fired.   Same review is also sitting in the BBB files.

• Like 1